Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's the 4DK Animalympics... Tier 2!!! Vote NOW!

Our Winner for Tier 1:

PEDRO!!!

Okay, I guess no big surprise there. But what WAS surprising is just how tight this race was. I mean, who could have predicted that a dark horse candidate like the Terrifying Adorable Dog from James Bond 777 would give strong contenders like Pedro and Sheroo such a serious run for their money -- and would ultimately tie with Sheroo for 2nd place with a very respectable 17% of the vote? And on the other end of the spectrum, how about the fact that Peter, the gun-slinging pup from Rani aur Jaani, and Badal, Amitabh's statue-smitten steed from Mard, each received exactly zero votes? Voters, you made it abundantly clear that, once all the pageantry had ended and the real competition had begun, the 4DK Animalympics was anything but a dog and pony show.

And it's not over! But before we proceed, I'd like to point out that, with no chimpanzees competing in tier 2, even if he doesn't take it all -- which, obviously, he well might -- Pedro has already dominated over the rest of his species, easily taking out both Insaniyat's Zippy and the fez-wearing chimp from Jaani Dost. Ape has killed ape!

So now let's take a look at who'll be competing to face off against Pedro in the final. As before, you can vote for this bunch via the polling gadget located on top of the sidebar... starting NOW! Remember to click on the contestant's name to look at their full profile:

Aashiq from Char Dervesh
"Grrrrr!"




Dharmendra in a bear suit from Azaad
"I don't belong here!"





Moti from Teri Meherbaniyan
"I feel your pain!"





Ramu from Haathi Mere Saathi
"Vote for me or the kid dies!"





Jumbo from Khoon Bhari Maang
"Who's a good boy? I'M a good boy!"





Raja from Khoon Bhari Maang
"You know you wanna ride this!"





The Subliminal Marmoset from Pyasa Shaitan
"You will vote for me!"





Suraj from Appu Raja
"Read my lips!"





Charles from Doodh Ka Karz
"Don't tread on me!"





Rambo from Appu Raja
"Size matters!"




Oh, and one last thing: Given my apparent affinities (my wife condemned my avatar as a form of campaigning, for instance) I suppose it's not unreasonable that there might be questions about ballot stuffing on my part. But I assure you that's not the case. In fact, if the truth be known, I voted for Moti in the vain hope that we'd end up with a Moti vs Moti final -- a dream that is sadly never to be. So never have it said that I don't run a clean campaign. Now get out there and VOTE!

2 comments:

memsaab said...

I voted for Moti too although I would have voted for Badal had I known he'd get NOTHING. That's just wrong.

This is a tough group though!

Todd said...

I agree, Memsaab. A lot of strong contenders here. Not a Badal in the group. (I know, that was harsh.)