Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's the 4DK Animalympics! Round 12



Dharmendra in a bear suit from
Azaad

Skill Set: Unknown... and too unpleasant to speculate upon.

Dharmendra: Man, beast, or both? The question has plagued both zoologists and film fans for nearly half a century. And with Azaad, Dharmendra appears to have given us an answer... sort of. Does the fact that he wears this costume for the purpose of pitching woo make him some kind of proto-furry? I won't speculate. But whatever the answer, his inclusion here is justified by this disquieting merger of man and anipal's status as a true benchmark in the history of Bollywood anthropomorphism.

6 comments:

memsaab said...

Plus, how many heroes have donned that exact same moth-eaten tatty bear suit? I am pretty sure that it could walk around by itself, Dharmendra or no Dharmendra. So it totally qualifies as an anipal.

sunil said...

Aww. From the wiki

furry conventions aren't about kinky sex between weirdos gussied up in foxy costumes",

Aww, next they will tell us Vinod Khanna DID NOT go to Osho's ashram for the sex. :(

Todd said...

Well, here's what I have to say to Wikipedia:

1) Wikipedia, your job is not to tell me what things are not. And...

2) If things are not about kinky sex between weirdos gussied up in foxy costumes, I don't want to hear about them.

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Bwahahaha very much agree with Memsaab. We shall have that suit in our Bollywood museum some day, oh yes we shall.

Todd, how do you feel about Pran in a bear suit as an entrance into the Animalympics? 'Cause I can hook you up with that.

Todd said...

How do I feel about it? Pretty damn good, actually. If I can handle Pran dressed as a hippy, I can handle anything. I don't know if I want to go overboard with including actors dressed as bears in the Animalympics, but I'd be curious to see that movie in any case.

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Oh dear oh dear. It's not Pran I'm thinking of - it's Agha. Pran is the frightenee, not the frightener.

http://bethlovesbollywood.blogspot.com/2009/03/dilip-double-header-tarana-and-aadmi.html