Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's the 4DK Animalympics! Round 13

Moti from Teri Meherbaniyan

Skill Set: Crying on cue even more reliably than SRK, creating a deep emotional bond with his audience, mastery of The Method

Every time I see Moti from Teri Meherbaniyan crying like that, I think of this ceramic bank my friend gave me that looks like a crying dog holding a gun to his head with one hand while clasping a bottle of poison in the other. I thought it would be easy enough to find a Google image of it, but apparently it's a less common item than I had thought. I'm now convinced that I'll be able to sell it on eBay for a bajillion dollars. Anyway, setting my future tchotchke-based wealth aside for the moment, the point is that Moti is not just about sadness and weeping. He expresses a wide range of emotions and mental states with equal mastery, including rage, lust, psychosis -- you name it, really. In short, whether he is doing Shakespeare in the West End or appearing before the cameras in Bollywood, Moti brings a level of professionalism to his performances that makes those of all the other participants in the Animalympics look like cheap parlor tricks by comparison. Rumor has it that he is next slated to play the world's first dog to be stricken with Progeria.


Bidding still open!

4 comments:

Michael Barnum said...

this post absolutely made my Friday morning!

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Let's re-do Paa with Moti in it!

Todd said...

Yes, and then there can be a remake of Teri Meherbaniyan with Amitabh playing Moti. The man is unstoppable!

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

My drink just came out my nose. VAH!