Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's the 4DK Animalympics! Round 18



Suraj from Appu Raja

Skill Set: Master of the evil laugh, harbinger of doom

I'm not entirely clear on how involved Suraj is in the creation of the elaborate death traps cooked up by demented dwarf Appu in Appu Raja, but he obviously has some role. I say this because he is always at the scene, looking down sardonically from his perch, whenever some unwitting victim is about to meet his fate at Appu's hands. Thus there is no mistaking that Suraj is a cockatoo of pure evil. I didn't mention it in my review of the film, but there's a scene in Appu Raja in which he demonstrates his ability to produce a human-like laugh so sinister sounding that it would make those of Amrish Puri, Ajit and Amjad Khan all sound like girlish titters in comparison. It's truly bone chilling.

4 comments:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Oooh! I'm both impressed and a little unnerved!

memsaab said...

Are you sure his evil laugh wasn't dubbed?

Todd said...

I don't know. I was suspending my disbelief.

memsaab said...

Atta boy.