Monday, March 16, 2015

Funky Bollywood: Buy it now!


Ok, there's been enough teasing. I first mentioned my book Funky Bollywood: The Wild World of 1970s Indian Action Cinema on 4DK in early June of 2014. Now, some eight and a half months later, and after a couple of significant delays--due in part to the book going from being a self-published venture to getting picked up by England's esteemed FAB Press--Funky Bollywood's official release date has arrived. And that's today.

Granted, this whole literary darling business is new to me, and I'm still struggling to understand some of the vagaries of the publishing business. But, in our case, "release date" means that this is the date that our distributors starts shipping the book. That means that, if you were to go to your favorite brick and mortar book store today and ask for Funky Bollywood, they might not have it yet (but, hey, it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway and, besides, our favorite brick and mortar book stores could always use the attention). It also means, though, that if you were to order it from your favorite online retailer, yours would no longer be considered a "pre-order" and can be expected to arrive withing a reasonable amount of time.

Of course, if you're lucky, you might also be able to order the book directly from FAB Press and still receive one of the special signed and numbered copies that were reserved for advance orders.

From the comments I've been getting here and on social media, a lot of you are very interested in seeing what Funky Bollywood is all about. And now, once you've finally had a chance to read it, I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say about it. If you would like to weigh in with your various comments, questions, and castigations, I'd love to hear from you over at the Funky Bollywood Facebook page.

And now, here are a few places where you can buy Funky Bollywood right now:

Funky Bollywood at Amazon US

Funky Bollywood at Amazon UK

Funky Bollywood at Barnes & Noble

Funky Bollywood at Books-A-Million

Happy reading!

4 comments:

Deepa said...

Hi Todd, I'm getting my husband a copy of Funky Bollywood for Christmas this year and wondering if there's any way I can include a signed bookplate? I'll gladly pay postage both ways. Please let me know.

We've been watching 70s Hindi movies via YouTube for a while now, and the kids (US born) get a kick out of them too. I think you did a fabulous job with this book!

Todd said...

Thanks for your kind words, Deepa. I'm sorry to say I no longer have any of the groovy "official" signature plates that FAB Press supplied me with. I think your best bet would be to buy the book directly from them:

https://www.fabpress.com/funky-bollywood.html

All the best,
Todd

Anonymous said...

Will the next book be about Bombshells from India? (I.e, Helen, Jyothilakshmi, Vijayalalitha etc)

Todd's Wife said...

Todd's last non-fiction book will be inclusive of films from many different countries around the globe, India included. I will provide a release date on his website at www.toddstadtman.com/books.