Tuesday, August 14, 2018

It's all on video.

I am well aware that I am a slouchy, soft spoken monster, a point that is mercilessly driven home whenever I have to watch a video like the one below, which chronicles my book event at Oakland's Great Good Place for Books last Friday evening. However, once your revulsion at my misshapen form subsides, you might actually glean some useful information about my new book, So Good It's Bad; for instance, that it is full of "rape, incest, torture and murder", a point that is brought up several times, and that it is in no way appropriate for your precious little bundle of joy, as it might stunt him or her and prevent them from growing up to be the unique and very special person they are destined to be.

All moribund humor aside, I owe a debt of thanks for what was truly a wonderful event to Midlife Mixtape's  Nancy Davis Kho, as fine an interlocutor as one could ask for, and to Kathleen Caldwell at A Great Good Space for welcoming us into her fine establishment--all of which is evident in the video.

Enjoy it, won't you? And if it makes you curious enough about either of my novels to actually read them, just click the cover images in the sidebar to buy the hell out of them.

No comments: