Friday, June 19, 2015

Shh! Funkiness in progress.

Do you live in the San Francisco area? Well, here's an idea: why not play hooky from work on Tuesday and come down to the SF Public Library's main branch, where I will be appearing in conversation with Arts Librarian Moazzam Sheikh--no slouch on the subject of Indian cinema himself--on the topic of all things Funky Bollywood. The event will be taking place in the Koret Auditorium, which is located on the library's lower lever, and runs from 3:30 to 5:30pm.

The more highbrow among you might frown upon the notion of such a monument to literacy and learning as the SFPL hosting an event like this, but clearly the folks there recognize my book Funky Bollywood as a gateway to the classics.

Come on down. You might learn something.

2 comments:

Deepa said...

I'm loving Funky Bollywood! I recommended that the St. Paul Public Library buy a copy, and they did, but I'm going to get my own personal copy because it is so much fun. I posted about it on Facebook too...how it has sent me down the the YouTube rabbit hole, watching these old favorites (I was born in the 70s). I'm looking for subtitled movies now for my elementary school kids- they enjoyed watching Parvarish.

I think you did a fabulous job with this book. Among other things, now I can't look at Pinchoo Kapoor without thinking of Orson Welles. LOL.

Todd said...

Thank you, Deepa--both for your kind words and for supporting my book. And thumbs up to you for raising a new generation of classic Bollywood fans!