Monday, August 6, 2018

A great good place to meet me


Now that my new novel, So Good It's Bad, is out and on its way into your sweaty little hands, it's time for me to hit the road and start pinching backs, slapping cheeks, kissing hands, and shaking babies in an effort to convince people to read it. And that process begins this Friday, August 10th, in that little slice of Narnia that is Oakland's Montclair District. The venue is A Great Good Place For Books, which, as you might recall, is the same venue that hosted the launch event for my first novel, Please Don't Be Waiting For Me, about this time last year. As then, I will be interviewed by Midlife Mixtape's Nancy Davis Kho, who has promised to ask the hard questions. Aside from that, I will be reading portions of the book while all the while being shushed by people afraid that I am going to reveal spoilers, answering audience questions, accusations, and prayers, and signing books--as well as showing off my ability to respond to simple commands.

This meet and greet will commence at 7pm, and, yes, there will be refreshments. All ages are welcome, though I can't guarantee that your child won't hear things that will scar him or her for life.

A Great Good Place For Books is located at 6120 La Salle Ave, Oakland  They can be reached by phone at (510) 339-8210 and by email at books@ggpbooks.com.

No comments: