Thursday, April 17, 2014

Relive the offense!


Everyone, at least once in their lives, should have the experience of going into a radio station and inflicting their musical tastes upon a passive listening audience. I had that experience last night, when my old friend Jeff Heyman and I hosted a little thing we call Pop Offensive on Oakland's 9th Floor Radio. For two hours it was as if no music had been recorded after 1968, and none of it in decipherable English. French, German, and Japanese pop, thuggish garage rock, British mod and psych pop, slinky Eurocrime soundtracks, girl group sounds and euphoric Bollywood stomps ruled the airwaves. I didn't want it to end, but it did... at least for now.

For those of you who missed hearing the debut of Pop Offensive live, or who would simply like to live through it again, the entire episode is now available for download or streaming via the 9th Floor site.

I would think that anyone who enjoys fun and fabulous retro sounds would enjoy this show. And if that's not you, I'm not entirely sure why you're reading this blog in the first place. Dig in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Awe*some show, Todd. Can't wait for the next one!

d(^_^)b