Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mob rule

Over the last few weeks I've been participating in a series of Twitter events under the auspices of The Drive-In Mob. These started as weekly Tweet-alongs to TCM's Thursday night Drive-in double features, but have since graduated to coordinated home viewings using various movie streaming sites. The commentary runs from snark, to informed trivia, to sincere expressions of anger and dismay (but mostly snark, to be honest). If you'd like to participate, or just follow along, you can do so by using the Twitter hashtag #DriveInMob during the designated time period.

This Thursday's double feature, starting at 8pm EST, includes Hitler, Dead or Alive followed by Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla (*shudder*), both of which can be streamed for free from either YouTube or The Internet Archive. Be sure to check out the Drive-In Mob site for complete details. Because dammit, I've managed to avoid watching Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla for most of my life, and now that my number's up, I'll be damned if I'm going down alone.

4 comments:

Keith said...

I have never seen Brooklyn Gorilla either, but I own like nine copies of it since every single budget box set includes it

Todd said...

I'm sure I do too. Curse you, Mill Creek!!

And when you think of some of the titles in those sets that you have watched, in avoidance of Brooklyn Gorilla, then it really sinks just what a foreboding prospect it is. I mean, you've probably watched Laser Mission rather than watch Brooklyn Gorilla.

Keith said...

Laser Mission is a fine film! What I'm actually afraid of is that I'll watch Brooklyn Gorilla and enjoy it, then have to deal with the fact that I avoided it needlessly for all those years

Todd said...

Laser Mission would actually make a pretty good film for a future Drive-In Mob.