Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hip-MO-tized!

Not long ago it would have been hard for me to imagine myself finding one of Babubhai Mistry's Bollywood fantasy films to be sort of rote and uninvolving -- that I'd be all like, "Yeah, Helen on a flying carpet. YAWN." But I have to admit to feeling that way a little bit about Sunehri Nagin (probably because no dinosaurs. Grrrr.) Still, I did enjoy this one very special special effects sequence in which villain Anwar Hussain puts the whammy on Helen:
















4 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

he's obviously completely absorbed his paperback copy of "Getting Women Through Hypnosis"...

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Professor, now that you say that, it does completely remind me of the ads in the back of comic books! I know I'm never going to look at Anwar Hussain in the eyes again! Better safe than sorry.

memsaab said...

Did he go to all that trouble just to put her to sleep?

Todd said...

You know, Memsaab, I honestly don't remember what happened after this scene -- which means that Anwar's "roofy vision" must have put the whammy on me as well.