Tuesday, March 10, 2009

As the last water buffalo fades into the sunset

Many of you -- well, one of you -- have asked me what I'm going to do now that I've wrapped up Thai-style Kaiju, my long series of reviews covering the work of Thai special effects pioneer Sompote Sands. Well, for now I'm just going to write about what other people -- well, one other person -- have written about Thai-style Kaiju. By which I refer to the wonderful overview of the series that Wise Kwai has posted over at his Thai Film Journal. Wise Kwai has done a far better job of summing-up, organizing and putting these reviews in context than I ever could, and I really appreciate his effort -- especially since having to type one more word about Sompote Sands would have forced me to hit myself in the side of the head with an industrial stapler until I forgot that there was even a country called Thailand, much less a person living there by that name.

No comments: