-
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Just for the awesomeness
Behold the Spotnicks, a Swedish instrumental group who, during their early 60s heyday, performed dressed in awesome looking spacesuits. I've found that not only do I enjoy these clips for the visual joy they provide, but also that I really dig the group's music, which sounds like it emanates from some spectral meeting point between Les Paul and Joe Meek.
I also think that this hypnotic clip for their "Spotnicks Theme" is sheer brilliance:
And guess what? They're still together! No sign of the spacesuits though.
Labels:
Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They deserve mad props for still being together! Perhaps the spacesuits helped?
Perhaps. But why aren't they still wearing them? Maybe they're made of hardier stuff, but I think for my part I'd want to wear a spacesuit when I reach that age. For one thing, I think it would be an efficient way of dealing with the incontinence issues.
I think I have a new favorite band!
Post a Comment